Almanac is building a platform to help the highest-performing teams make faster, clearer better decisions without meetings using our revolutionary Decision Protocol technology.
We believe teams and companies are the sum of the decisions they make—but most are surprisingly informal about their decision processes, leading to chaos, delays, and frustration for managers, executives, and clients.
Hundreds of technology, law, compliance, consulting, and creative teams are already using Almanac to discuss ideas, draft proposals, make better decisions, and implement them.
Almanac is growing and moving fast, and we're looking for an agile, dynamic Account Executive who wants to be one of the first on the ground floor of a growing sales organization to add value to our customers' experience and revenue to our bottom line.
About the role
As one of the founding members of our sales team, you'll work with our Management Team to define our sales process, build a strong customer pipeline, and ultimately expand our footprint of top tier customers.
In this role, you will ensure managers and leaders making important decisions everyday understand the value proposition of Almanac and want to bring it into their organization.
What you'll do every day:
- Build a strong sales pipeline while exceeding quarterly and annual sales targets
- Work closely with cross functional teams to ensure sales effectiveness
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders within accounts
- Be part of a team dedicated to promoting Almanac to existing and new customers
- Help build the foundation and processes for all customer facing teams at Almanac
Experiences that make you stand out:
- 2+ years of closing experience as an Account Executive selling a SaaS product - ideally, you've sold to teams of various sizes (from SMB to enterprise)
- 2+ years of prospecting and business development work
- Having been a member of a founding sales team
- Tenure in a successful, high-growth Series A-C startup
- Examples of writing high-converting outreach emails, demo scripts, and sales materials
- Desire to learn a technical product and effectively communicate Almanac's value to potential customers as an exciting new product category
Skills that make you extraordinary:
- A bias towards action, with a hunger and drive to run fast towards your goals
- A natural curiosity, and growth mindset towards trying new things and measuring their results
- A commitment to excellence in everything you do: you relish exceeding your team's expectations by delivering continually amazing work
- A preternatural ability to make complex things simple
- A particular attention to detail in your writing and verbal communication around dynamics like syntax, conciseness, and tone (critical in our async-first culture!).
- Comfort with operating in ambiguity and adjusting rapidly in response to new insights and business dynamics
Working at Almanac
At Almanac, we’re looking for structured thinkers full of passion, ambition, and kindness. We’d love for you apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your experience, skills, and interests will help you stand out—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Almanac, we welcome people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives who aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo. Join us.
At Almanac, we:
- Are fundamental optimists who believe we're still only at the start of the digital age.
- Go to extraordinary lengths to distinguish ourselves through world-class work.
- Prioritize quality over speed, and speed over scope.
- Desire working with deeply kind, mission-driven people.
- Strive to make the complex simple.
- Use first principles to debate ideas, test assumptions, and make decisions.
- Seek the truth by putting data above opinions.
- Assume good intent and give tactical feedback to help each other get better.
- Hold no ego—when our customers win, we all win.
As a company, we are seriously committed to your professional development and growth:
- You will set your own monthly goals aligned with our ambitious strategy
- You will have our collective support in achieving major wins—and personal coaching from your manager
- You will be able to request and manage your own budget
- You will be encouraged to take risks, try new things, and be creative with your work
- You will have many opportunities to exchange and engage in feedback
- You will be offered continual chances to stretch yourself and raise your own bar
- Helping a small company grow 30%+ month-over-month
- You will be rewarded for achieving excellence and mastery
Interviewing at Almanac:
It’s our goal to provide an efficient, transparent interview experience that respects you and your time. Our roles typically have a four stage process and we like to move through those as quickly as calendars allow. After submitting your application you will hear from us whether you are a strong fit for the role or not! From here you can expect:
- An initial screen with our recruiter
- The opportunity to meet our Hiring Manager, Eddie
- A demo/product pitch to our Leadership team
- A leadership interview with our CEO, Adam
Your time is valuable, so we try to give you as much information as possible throughout our process to make the best decision for you. To start, here's our open source company handbook, which contains docs about our vision, our virtues, our compensation philosophy, and our approach to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Apply for the job
Do you want to join our team as our new Account Executive? Then we'd love to hear about you!