api.video is an API-first platform that enables developers to build, scale and operate on-demand and live video streaming in their own apps and platforms in minutes, with just a few lines of code. The service handles the end-to-end workflow, from video ingestion to worldwide video delivery.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will join our brand new Data Team to support the whole company on the Observability (Engineering) and Insight (Product) topics.
We are at the beginning of a challenging project to ingest and process data from various sources in a scalable, consistent and efficient manner. You will design and develop pipelines that will help shape the future of our Data Platform.
What will you be doing? 🛠️
- Define ingestion processes depending on the specificities of different data sources: PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, internal and external services
- Bootstrap, implement and test processing pipelines (batch and stream) based on industry-standard tools like Kafka and others
- Store computed data in our Snowflake data warehouse
What can you expect at api.video? 🏆
- Global presence with an international working environment
- 100% Remote possible (we have an HQ in Bordeaux, and we rely on many coworking spaces) (CET timezones)
- We offer competitive salaries
- Flexible timetable - we value results over presence
- Work in your preferred System and OS (Mac, Linux, Microsoft)
- Your voice is valued and will count in our decision making
- Personal Growth. We invest in your career development; do you need books or to attend conferences? We got you covered!
What are we looking for?
- Significant experience with Kafka ecosystem: broker, stream and connect
- Strong fundamentals in distributed systems design and development
- Proficiency in SQL, Java and/or Python languages and related tooling (e.g. build, lint and test)
- Familiarity with Cloud storage solutions such as Amazon S3
- Creative team player, eager to learn every day and continually suggesting innovative ideas
- Great verbal and written communication skills in English
Nice to have:
- Knowledge working with Git, Docker, GitLab CI (or equivalent), and Ansible
- Understanding of basic systems operations (disk, network, operating systems, etc)