We value inclusivity and diversity at Envato. Research shows candidates from neurodiverse and underrepresented backgrounds often only apply for roles if they meet all the criteria. We like to make our hiring decisions based on experience and passion, so if you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments please let us know. We also encourage you to let us know the pronouns you use at any point during the recruitment process.
Our focus is on helping people to complete their creative projects, with our author community earning every time that happens. Envato proudly impacts the lives of creatives all over the world, from web developers and graphic designers to marketers, videographers, photographers, and more.
We’ve built a community where anyone can get their creative projects done, and where creators bring their ideas to life and in the process, earn a living doing what they love. It doesn’t get much better than that!
We are a global and rapidly scaling business. Blending purpose and profit, we're a passionate B Corp, committed to making a positive impact on the communities we engage in . You can read more about our purpose and values here.
We’ve embraced flexibility for a long time - where we can, let’s make work, work for you! Our roles can be based ANYWHERE in Mexico and while we all mostly work from home we’re proud of how we keep our global team connected.
The SEO Analyst will be guided to work on tasks with the goal of gaining and improving organic traffic and engagement while mitigating risks to organic traffic. This will be done as directed by SEOs and by working collaboratively with other SEO team members and within cross functional teams. This role requires a mix of SEO subject matter expertise, the ability to work with data and common sense to understand what might work and what might not. We expect the successful candidate to be able demonstrate sophistication in the use of SEO tools, craftsmanship in data manipulation, consolidation and visualization tools and a solid understanding of how data driven SEO can drive organizations forward.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Working on general SEO tasks such as keyword research, site audits, competitive research or backlink profile audits.
- Working with data to measure performance (e.g. monthly reporting) and to build data source prototypes for programmatic SEO.
- Conducting SEO experiments. Identifying testing opportunities. Advise follow-up actions.
- Contribute ideas for growing traffic and engagement in line with business success metrics.
- Help identify demand shifts, trends and underserved customers to turn these into opportunities.
- Collaborate with the Content Marketing team to define, prioritize and track performance across content marketing platforms (eg: blog, information and educational content across several sites).
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders on ad hoc requests
- Maintain up to date understanding of digital landscape and share knowledge with internal teams
- As part of the SEO team, taking ownership of the organic search performance of one or more of Envato’s websites
Skills & Qualifications
- 2+ years experience in SEO, ideally in eCommerce or at a marketplace, good knowledge of data tools used in SEO, digital marketing and eCommerce.
- Strong analytical capabilities, including good understanding of both eCommerce and Organic Search KPIs
- Marketing, data or product analyst background or very good hands on experience in large scale data analysis and manipulation (ETL).
- Strong data querying skills (e.g. SQL) are a must as well as big data tools (e.g. Google bigquery, aws athena)
- Self starter with experience working with multiple stakeholders to achieve positive results
- Inquisitive mindset and willingness to learn and try new things
- Experience with conducting SEO experiments, validating outcomes and recommending next steps
- Exposure to dashboards and data visualisation (e.g. Tableau, Google Data Studio)
- Understanding of technical aspects of content discovery, crawling, rendering and ranking
- Basic Python knowledge to run and adjust existing scripts
- Basic understanding of current web development technologies and how they might affect organic search performance
- Experience in SEO Tools API integrations,
- SEO processes for content marketing (e.g. KW analysis, content briefs)
A bonus would be
- Experience with aggregator websites
- Exposure to international SEO
- Experience in the domain of trading in creative assets or other digital products
- Experience in scripted web crawling would be great
- High level knowledge of other marketing channels’ strategies (social, affiliate, paid).
What we offer
Competitive Salary based on qualifications
● 30 days - Christmas Bonus
● 12 vacation days (from the first year)
● 100% holidays bonus
● Private Health Insurance (SGMM)
● 5% Grocery Coupons (With legal cap)
● 5% Savings Funds (Fondo de Ahorro)
● Internet/electricity allowance (monthly paid)
● Profit-share, Mexican entity.
● Round trip tickets around Mexico to a place you haven’t been twice a year.
● Unlimited ebooks
● Paid for educational courses that relate to your work
● Top line equipment
Submit your resume and answers to the below questions. Good luck!
- We’re BCorp certified & believe in succeeding sustainably as one global team.
- We’re committed to ensuring all our team feel welcome, included, and respected
- We support the flexibility to work from anywhere, great benefits above the law, generous parental leave, wellness programs, social connection and learning opportunities to help you grow.
Envato is proud to be a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to respond to every applicant.