Hashnode is one of the fastest-growing knowledge-sharing platforms for developers, engineers, and people in tech. At its core, Hashnode allows writers to share their knowledge easily with the tech community without the hassle of building a blog from scratch and managing it. The platform is growing at 20% MoM on various KPIs on an average - purely organic word of mouth. The user base has increased from zero to millions in just over a year.
We are a small, passionate team who love solving bigger challenges. We are backed by investors such as Accel India, Sequoia Capital India's Surge, Sierra Capital, and Salesforce Ventures. Some of our angel investors include Naval Ravikant, Guillermo Rauch, Salil Deshpande, and Des Traynor.
💼 About the job
We are looking for a talented UI Designer to create amazing user experiences. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI skills, and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
- Work towards making the interface of the Hashnode app & website visually world-class, clean and legible, intuitive to understand, and aesthetically appealing.
- Experienced in collaborating with Product Managers, UI/UX Designers, and Developers to see an idea through conceptualization, design, validation, and development
- Work on the minute details of visuals so that designs across screens and devices look consistent.
- Exceptional in terms of customer empathy, human-centric UI designs
- Good understanding of UX principles, Information Architecture, Usability techniques, UI patterns
- Apply your skills of motion design/illustration/typography to the screens and level up the designs.
- Apply your skills to interactions and create videos and prototypes for the same.
- 2+ years of experience in building user experiences.
- Motion Design and Illustration Skills, Micro-animations of illustrations
- Visual design sense across the board
- Designing UIs / Applying motion and illustration skills to UIs
- Illustration and Motion Design tools like Illustrator / After Effects.
- Communication with peers and clear articulation of thoughts and decisions
🏝 Our Culture
Everyone is a CEO!
We don't want to manage people. Everyone manages themselves and acts as a CEO of the function or position they hold.
Everyone is a Hustler!
Thinking about growth is a shared responsibility. Ideas can come from anyone.
Since we are the users of our product, we know the exact pain points and understand fellow software developers really well.
Going forward we are going to heavily rely on product-led growth. This means our user acquisition, conversion, and retention are all driven primarily by our product.
- Work From Anywhere
- Asynchronous Work Culture
- Unlimited Vacations
- MacBooks and other tools needed for the job
- Free eBooks
- Generous Compensation & Equity
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Home Office Setup Allowance
- Sponsored H1B Visa
- Fun Outings and Events
- Annual Company Retreat
- Be a part of our founding team and directly influence the roadmap
- Work closely with our users and other key stakeholders
- Opportunity to own new and upcoming core features