At MediSpend, we are on a mission to transform and simplify how the life science industry complies with global healthcare industry regulations and manages risk. MediSpend is a global technology company providing best-in-class solutions that empower life sciences companies to grow their business compliantly through top-rated software and client services. The MediSpend Global Compliance Suite is the compliance system of record for some of the world’s largest pharmaceutical, medical device, dental and emerging biotech companies around the world.
We’re seeking a hands-on software development leader who will guide a small team to design and deliver the next generation of highly anticipated product capabilities. Who wants to be a member of a remote team that embraces a company culture whose defining characteristics are customer centric, accountable, self-motivated, team first, open, adaptable, innovative, and a strategic mindset.
A day in the life as a Software Engineering Tech lead at MediSpend:
- Estimate product release delivery timelines based on high-level requirements.
- Explore underlying trends contributing to increases or decreases in SDLC KPIs.
- Design/code review a merge request.
- Collaborate with DevOps team to define new tech stack configurations.
- Aid other developers to troubleshoot complex product issues.
- Collaborate with the CTO to evaluate a new open-source project or AWS service.
- Represent engineering in cross-functional CAPA sessions.
- Carve out a key piece of functionality to develop in the next sprint.
What you bring to the table:
- A professional with a great blend of practical experience at least 5+years, education, and achievement within Software Engineering/Developer role(s).
- A proven leadership ability in leading small, globally distributed development resources.
- A balanced track record of software development, SDLC process and people leadership skills of at least 5-10 years.
- Significant experience with the JVM, Linux and AWS ecosystems, at least 5+ years
- Strong experience with JVM frameworks (Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate) and UI frameworks (React) expected.
- Excellent working knowledge of modern SDLC Agile software development practices leveraging tools like Jira and Confluence.
- Demonstrated experience defining and operationalizing SDLC KPIs (capacity, quality).
- Experience designing and deploying multitenant solutions leveraging AWS services.
- Efficient at getting your points across in written and verbal mediums.
- Effective communicator across all levels of an organization.
What MediSpend provides:
Permanent remote position offering flexibility, growth story, early-stage company feel, life science domain, client success and data! As a fully remote team with options to meet team members at shared office spaces, we’re looking for someone comfortable with asynchronous communication as the default, which means you have previous remote experience and are comfortable using tools like Slack, Microsoft 365, and Teams to communicate as needed.
- Merit-based compensation
- Work from anywhere – Roles are open to candidates located anywhere in the United States (US)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO), including paid holidays and sick leave
- 401k+ match
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid parental leave
- Health and wellness perks including life & disability insurance, healthcare funding options like Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) and Health Savings Account (HSAs), Dependent Care, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), discounts, learning and development, internet, and cellphone stipends.
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20).: Annual salary of $140,000-$160,000+Benefits+bonus (depending upon experience)
MediSpend is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.