Our mission is to create a world where everyone feels included, empowered, and effective at work. We're building a platform that empowers teamwork for the post-industrial age.
Today, Range makes it easier to run a remote team. Our product helps teams stay in sync, focus on what matters, and feel more connected. Hundreds of companies use Range, including New Relic, Twitter, Airbnb, and Turnitin.
We aren’t just building productivity software, we believe that technology shouldn’t be so impersonal, and that by putting people first, we can create a more human work experience.
We need your help to do this.
You can find more about us at www.range.co and on Key Values.
About the role
We are looking for a marketing manager who will help drive team growth on Range by refining our positioning and messaging across channels, optimizing the post-signup experience, and shaping our marketing roadmap
By gaining a deep understanding of our audience and product, you will refine positioning and deliver messaging that help new customers understand the value of Range and how to be successful.
Range is a self-serve, freemium product for teams, and you’ll work with the product, sales, and content teams to drive activation and continued engagement, while keeping authentic with our mission to help teams work better together.
At first, this will be an Individual contributor role, as our marketing team is still small, but there is an opportunity to scale with our company. Given our stage, you’ll be expected to both set marketing strategy and goals, but also execute on marketing plans and handle the day to day work of an early-stage marketing team.
Who you are
- 5+ years of experience in a marketing role, including experience at a bottom-up SaaS company. The title and level of this role is flexible based on experience.
- Mission-aligned: You’re excited about the future of work and want to make all workplaces more effective and humane.
- Biased to action: You want to work at a high-growth, early-stage company, which involves being able to collaborate well across teams and step in when help is needed.
- Strategy & execution: You’re able to balance strategic vision and operational excellence, from setting high-level team strategy to getting in the weeds planning programs and doing customer research.
- High-quality bar: You've developed marketing strategies and tactics that put the customer first, while hitting growth goals at the same time.
- Tool familiarity: You've worked with industry standard tools, such as Segment and HubSpot, and are able to deploy best practices.
- Writing ability: You’ve written short-form and long-form content, and can point to examples of your writing.
- Data-driven: You understand how to use full-funnel analytics to inform your work.
- US-based: You live in the US, have a good internet connection, and can normally be available during core-hours synced with the pacific time zone (10-3 PST, except wednesdays, which are no meeting days)
What you'll do
- Lifecycle Marketing: Strategically lead the operational aspects of post-signup marketing activities, so that we send the right messages to customers via the right channels (email, in-product, etc).
- Positioning & Messaging: Evolve our audience and competitive analysis, positioning frameworks, and messaging as we launch new products and engage new personas.
- Expansion & Audience Segmentation: Range is useful across multiple teams and companies. You’ll help us drive engagement within our current customer base and strategically expand into new functions.
- Cross-functional collaboration: Our company is organized by the customer funnel to drive cross-company collaboration. You’ll play an integral role in sharing customers and product knowledge with everyone at Range.
- Customer Marketing: Develop relationships with customers to better understand how they work, what they need, and to tell their stories.
- Content Strategy: Partner with content agencies, sales, and product teams to create the right mix of content to drive adoption and expansion.